Sunday, February 1, 2009

WINTER PASSING

Genie Shenk exhibit at the Athenaeum, La Jolla, California

Mission Valley Library, San Diego, California

December and January have been intense studio time. A break in the routine found me flying out to Southern California mid
January. A busy week included attending the opening reception at the La Jolla Athenaeum for the exhibit "Dreams and Other
Lost Languages", the MAGIC of my long time friend Genie Shenk. I also made the general meeting of the San Diego Book Arts of which I am a member but rarely make their events in person. The venue was the Mission Valley Library in San Diego with sculptural art by Joyce Cutler-Shaw. Sue Ann Robinson, Curator of Collections at the Long Beach Museum, spoke about her work. I later meet her at the Museum to discuss my installation for an upcoming exhibit in May. Visits with friends and son Mitchell filled out the week.

No comments: