Friday, September 26, 2008

SEPTEMBER JOURNAL

From Shanghi

Winter Pressing 07-08 (within box)

Winter Pressing 07-08

Gradations of Gray


September was a very lively month for my art. And October is busy too.

I had two books in the Miniature Book Exhibit of SDBA at the Miniature Book Conclave in San Diego. "Yellow" and "From Shanghi".

My book "Peace" is been shown in a San Diego Book Arts show at the Mission Valley Public Library in San Diego, California. The show runs through October 18.

Coming up in October, check out the online exhibit "65Plus" on Dale Copeland's site, http://outofsight.co.nz There will be an image of me doing something quite cool and an image of one of my outdoor site installations.

October also finds me in Tucson, Arizona for the opening reception of "Book Forms" at the Conrad Wilde Gallery - staying at the home of Marilu Norden, a Del Mar/Santa Fe artist friend. I have two bookworks in this show, "Language Bound" and Gradations of Gray"

We then journey to Del Mar, our old hometown for a few weeks. Friday, October 10 my husband Wendell and I will attend the musical memorial at UCSD for friend Tom Nee, longtime conductor of the La Jolla Symphony.

On Saturday October 11 from 3:30-5 the DCAT film "Seeing the Forest through the Trees: The Art of Mary Ellen Long" will be premiered at UC San Diego, La Jolla, the Seuss Room in the Geisel Library. There will also be an exhibit of my artists' books in the Library collection. Carol Ozaki, one of the producers of the film, will be on hand to discuss the process of creating the film.

And at the same time, Special Collections in the Geisel Library is the site of the San Diego Book Arts 2nd National Juried Show in which my recent "Winter Pressing: 2007-08" and "Language Found" are included. This exhibit was juried by Erica Torri, Director of the Athenaeum in La Jolla, CA.

3 comments:

Joy Logan said...

LOVE these ahhhhhh nature and its creativity!

ArtPropelled said...

Breathtaking pieces.
Mary, I've been searching for an email address to ask your permission to use 1 or 2 images in a blog post I'm doing.(with credit and links)

Mary Ellen Long said...

/robyn, my email is wmelart@yahoo.com